Friday, April 9, 2010

March 2010 Month in Review

March was one of those months that took infinity years to pass by, and now April is zooming like a .... something something. Anyway that's why this is late. Because that explanation makes so much sense.

March was also very non-fiction-heavy. So, uh... ok here's what I've got:

Fiction

  • The Expedition of Humphry Clinker / Tobias Smollett -- I petered out on this one. Overall: Feh.
  • The Marriage of Cadmus and Harmony / Roberto Calasso -- I haven't reviewed this yet because I'm having trouble doing so. This book was so good I don't feel like anything I can say will do it justice. Seriously.
  • Fahrenheit 451 / Ray Bradbury -- Uh, I also didn't review this one because I read it in a couple hours and then forgot I did so until just now. So maybe later. It was... fine. It was what you expect from a book they make you read in high school.

Non-Fiction

Anyway, April promises some interesting stuff. I just finished Rusalka by C. J. Cherryh, which wasn't my favorite book ever but still was pretty cool. (That link is to her ugly ugly webpage.) I'm also working on a book on the decipherment of an Ancient Greek writing system called Linear B, a history of philosophy series, and uh... yeah maybe I'll pick up Mists of Avalon again. Dunno why I stopped, actually, that book's pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails