Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hours 11-12 Update (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)

You will all be disappointed to know, cats and kittens, that I was unable to book J-Lo for the Halftime Show, but I do have some yummy sushi coming that you can all pretend you are eating with me. But hey: HALFTIME! Wheeee! My page counts are lower now than they were at the beginning, but it's because I'm reading books with far more words on the page than I was before. And this 500-page philosophy brick is slow-going.

Titles of books read in this span:

  • Magic's Promise / Mercedes Lackey -- p. 50-76 (set aside)
  • A History of Philosophy, vol. 1: Greece and Rome / Frederick Copleston -- p. 96-126 (in progress)

Pages read in this span: 58

Running total of pages read since started: 529

Books finished since the start:

  • The Lost Books of the Odyssey / Zachary Mason
  • The Stranger / Albert Camus

Thoughts on current read: My "current read" is once again that history of Greek philosophy, and I'm loving it. I've finished the first two parts: "Pre-Socratic Philosophy" and "The Socratic Period". Up next: "Plato". I have almost zero background in philosophy, and this author has a great way of assuming knowledge at first, which makes it very difficult, but then explaining things anyway, so you start out all "WTF?" but a few pages later you're all "Oh hai, I gets it!"

Mini-challenges completed:

  • Hour 1 Mini-Challenge
  • Where In the World Have You Read? Mini-Challenge

Other activities this span:

  • The ordering of dinner (Sushi!)
  • The deciding to take a bath later
  • The having of another wazz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails