Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read-a-Thon: Hour 1 Kickoff

Hi! I'll make this quick because I've already started reading a book, and it's adorable.

Here's a bit about myself:

Where are you reading from today? New York, NY
Three random facts about me… I'm a librarian, I'm really excited to be old and grumpy, and I only go to book expos for the free tote bags.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 21. It's a lot, but I'm finicky and never know what I'll be in the mood for, so it's best to have a variety than to have to go searching through my collection.
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? Not really. I just want to make it through, which is something I wasn't able to do last time.
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? Eat light meals throughout the day, and stay away from meat. Also the moderate caffeine you get from light tea is better than tons of coffee or 5-Hour-Energy because those things will cause to to crash eventually. Also, try to read short things occasionally. The sense of momentum you get from finishing something can be refreshing.

Alright, happy reading everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Give me an R
    Give me an E
    Give me an A
    Give me a D

    What does it spell? READ!!

    And totally agree about the short books. More accomplishment. ;)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on! Keep reading, you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails