Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Teaser Tuesday -- Villette

Teaser Tuesday time again, hosted by MizB. How it works is you grab the book you're reading, open to a page, and pick a juicy two-sentence teaser. No spoilers, obviously.

In addition to Infinite Jest, I'm also reading Villette by Charlotte Brontë with some people at The Valve. I'm not really participating in discussion with that one because I feel unqualified. (There are smart people there.) I'm just keeping up. Anyway:

A goad thrust me on, a fever forbade me to rest; a want of companionship maintained in my soul the cravings of a most deadly famine. I often walked all day, through the burning noon and the arid afternoon, and the dusk evening, and came back with moonrise.

2 comments:

  1. This person does not sound content. I'm sorry to say I'm not familiar with this title. With the author, yes. Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also doing the Summer Reading of Villette! I used a teaser from it for last week's. I'm loving it so far ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails