Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Am Here, It Is Me, the Author of this Blog Here Writing This, Hello

Because people who write want to be read and people who read want to write and be read.

Because reading is communal even if the act of reading is private.

Because books smell.

Because no computer, iFad, PSP, Blackberry, or 3G Smartphone works as a security blanket.

Because printed paper can never become obsolete. As long as there's light it does it's job.

Because I TOTALLY acknowledge the irony of using a blog to condemn transient technology in favor of dusty old books.

And because whatever happened to LeVar Burton...

Because of these reasons and more, I present to you Dust and Spores, my sophomore voyage into the world of book blogging.

I say "sophomore voyage" because I used to have a book blog, which I stopped posting in about a year and a half ago. It was called Booky Ooky, and yes, I find the name a bit embarrassing. Go poke around for a bit. I'll wait.

Because reading is communal even if the act of reading is private.

It's a bit sad, isn't it? I stopped posting for one simple, yet incontrovertible reason: I got lazy. This happens a lot. Truly, it's a bit more complex than that, but let's be honest: I can't think of really anything I've followed through to the end. But that's no reason to stop doing anything altogether, right?.

Anyway, you may wonder why I don't just start posting there again. This also has a simple explanation: I just tried to and can't for the life of me remember the URL I'm supposed to type to access the WordPress administrator thingamawhozit. I might import the entries from there to here if I ever figure it out, but maybe not. You know me and promises.

So if any posts predate this one, just know they were not here before. THIS is my maiden voyage.... my SECOND maiden voyage... like those girls in high school who reclaim their virginity.

Anyway, lastly I plan to ditch this boring blogger template for something more home-brewed and 1995ish, so mind the dust and don't judge me for being generic for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails