Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm A Quitter

Man, I can't find anything decent to read! I've given up on like 3 books this month and can't get through anything!

It started with The Stand, which officially ended my increasingly arduous goal of reading Stephen King's complete works. I got 400 pages in. Even though that's not even halfway, I've decided that is a FAIR amount with which to determine that I was bored and didn't care about any of the characters. At all.

A friend of mine said: "You have to get to the scene in the Lincoln Tunnel. It's so creepy, and that's when it really starts getting good." Well... it's not, and it's not. Sorry, friend, and sorry, Stephen King! I'll keep reading The Gunslinger at some point and then be done.

I also quit reading a book called Black Sea by Neal Ascherson. That wasn't bad or boring at all. Quite the opposite, actually. The problem is I lack a certain basic historical knowledge that would help it make a lot more sense. I couldn't focus on all the names and peoples that were being thrown around from all these different points in history, so I ended up going "AAAAH I CANNOT DO THIS WHERE ARE MY VAMPIRE DIARIES DVDS!?!"

So I'm a quitter. It was a month before I finished a book, but last night I got to the end of Predictably Irrational, and I'm halfway through Veronika Decides to Die, so things are back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails