Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays -- Scorch Atlas

Teaser Tuesday time again, hosted by MizB. How it works is you grab the book you're reading, open to a page, and pick a juicy two-sentence teaser. No spoilers, obviously.

Recently I started a book I picked up randomly because it was pretty, and it turned out to be (so far) an impressive work by a talented new author. The book is grotesque and disturbing. It's called Scorch Atlas by Blake Butler.

I'd put a finger to my forehead and say, MOMMY, and my child, taller than me, went: PAWOOO PAWEEEE!
Stubborn, like his father, with the straight white teeth to match.
The things I knew he'd never be.

2 comments:

  1. Grotesque and disturbing, you got me there ;-)

    Here is mine. http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/11/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails